Your dream holiday at the Cubo Sport & Art Hotel - barrier-free!
The Cubo Sport & Art Hotel is equipped with three barrier-free double rooms. Every barrier-free room is equipped with a bathroom which has a shower where you can drive into with the wheelchair, 1 shower stool, toilet with 1 handhold. A emergency call is present.
- Width entrance: 85 cm
- Bed height: 60 cm
- Width between bed and wall: 70-100 cm
- Width bathroom door: 85 cm
All our hotel areas are connected with an elevator - so there is nothing to prevent to start your day with a delicious breakfast in our Sky-Lounge in lofty heights.
- Width elevator door: 90 cm
- Interior dimension elevator: 110 x 140 cm
In addition to this, we also have wheelchair accessible parking spaces.
Holidays in St. Johann
St. Johann allows people in wheelchairs an active holiday, therefore it is reduce due to the position in a mountain basin. St.Johann continuously strives to make its numerous sites of interest and visitors attractions "free of barriers".
It is our pleasure to help you with information to organize your activities and sightseeing. A few we have already prepared for you:
Barrier-free restaurants in St.Johann:
- Café-Bistro Egger´s (wheelchair eccessible toilets) Hauptplatz 12, Tel. +43(0)5352 623 80
- Cubo Skylounge (wheelchair eccessible toilets) Speckbacherstrasse 37/A, Tel. +43(0)5352 216 20
- Villa Masianco (wheelchair eccessible toilets) Speckbacherstrasse 30, Tel. +43(0)5352 646 30
- Fink´s Restaurant, Bahnhofstrasse 22, Tel. +43(0) 5352 641 68
- Gasthof Grieswirt, Winkl 78, Tel. +43(0)5352 622 84
- Harschbichlalm, Berglehen 13c, Tel. +43(0)5352 646 71
- Wirtshaus Cafe Jagglbäck, Speckbacherstrasse 8, Tel. +43(0)5352 624 82
- Mc Donald´s Paß-Thurn-Strasse 13, Tel. +43(0)5352 613 33
- Restaurant Platzhirsch, Kaiserstrasse 18, Tel. +43(0)5352 625 85
- Gasthof Zur Schönen Aussicht, Berlehen 23, Tel. +43(0)5352 622 70
- Postmarkt, Speckbacherstrasse 1, Tel. +43(0)5352 636 43 55
- Café Konditorei Rainer, Speckbacherstrasse 6, Tel. +43(0)5352 622 35
- Rettenbachstüberl, Römerweg 22, Tel. +43(0)664 224 52 85
- Rolba Run Stüberl, Speckbacherstrasse 75, Tel. +43(0)676 705 95 95
- Angerer Alm, Almen am Kitzbüheler Horn 5, Tel. +43(0)5352 627 46
- S´Nandl, Speckbacherstrasse 20,Tel. +43(0)5352 207 35
- Domicil Cooking, Dechant-Wieshofer-Strasse 17, Tel. +43(0) 5352 630 15
Enjoy the gentle summits of the Kitzbüheler Alps moving with the wheelchair.
Not only the access to the railways is barrier free, but also getting into a gondel, the lift staff will be pleased to help you. To move freely is resticted - but the views from the top of the mountains are overwhelming.
- St.Johann in Tirol: Harschbichlbahn (86cm)
- Kitzbühel: Hornbahn (60cm), Horngipfelbahn (90cm) and Hahnenkammbahn (60cm)
- Kirchberg in Tirol: Fleckalmbahn (60cm)
- Ellmau: Hartkaiserbahn (120cm)
- Waidring: Bergbahnen Steinplatte (90cm)
- Fieberbrunn: Railway Streuböden (90cm) and Lärchfilzkogel (90cm)
- Hopfgarten: Salvenabahn (80cm)
- Söll: Railway Hochsöll/Hexenwasser (60cm) and Hohe Alve (80cm)
- Brixen im Thale: Railway Hochbrixen (60cm)
- Scheffau: Railway Brandstadl (85cm)
Nature reserve Kaiserbachtal in Gasteig/Kirchdorf i. Tirol. The toll road to the Kaiserbachtal enabled people with a handicap the magnificent view of the Wilder Kaiser. Fee of the toll road: EUR 3,00 per car.
Kitzbühel - toll road to the Kitzbüheler Horn - Mountain inn - Alpenhaus
Ellmau - toll raod to the Wilder Kaiser - Mountain inn - Wochenbrunneralm
Wilder Käser - Cheese for onlookers since this summer at the Schaukäserei Wilder Käser at the 500 years old farmhouse in Gasteig/Kirchdorf in Tirol.
Raritäten Zoo - in Ebbs - an animal park with many exotic animals. More than 500 animals from over 70 different animal species have found a new home with cultivated plant with many flowers. Especially the children are loving to feed the monkeys at the children´s farm.
Haflinger - World of experience- Fohlenhof in Ebbs - the Fohlenhof Ebbs is the leading in the world and is open daily for inspections. On several days a week there will be a horse-show.
Rattenberg - the smallest city in Austria with the medieval charm provides traditional glass art. CUBO Tip: the elevator provides a beautiful view to the castle ruins.
Achensee-Dampf-Zahnradbahn - with a 121 years old steam-driven rack-railway in 45 minutes through wild romantic landscape from Jenbach southern tip of Achensee. Wheelchairs are lifted into the train by the train staff. The ÖBB will use a lift for electric wheelchairs. Also by the Achensee-railway exit is barrier-free to the street as well by the excursion ships.
Achensee shipping - take a romantic cruise on the biggest lake in Tyrol
Zillertal train - from May to October with full steam through the Zillertal - with a length of 32 km from Jenbach to Mayrhofen.
Krimmler Waterfalls and Water-Wonder-World - with a drop height of 380 m over three stages - which are also the fifth highest waterfalls on earth and the biggest in Europe. The Water-Wonder-World theme park offers a deeper insight into water as a unique elixir of life.
Crystal Worlds - Swarovski - Chambers of wonder - the realm of the Giant hosts a rich collection of precious items housed in 16 Chambers of Wonder. Here, in a world of fantasy inspired and designed by some of the world´s greatest artists, visitors can believe in miracles for just a moment.
Zeiss Planetarium Schwaz - offers a multimedia trip into the cosmos. The gigantic 360 degrees circular sreen with a area over 100 m² introduces visitors with polished projection equipment into the mysterious world of the planets, galaxies and stars.
National park world Mittersill - visit the unique world of alpine experiences focusing on Austria´s highest mountain (the Grossglockner, elev. 3,798 metres), another 266 three-thousand-metre peaks, over 342 glaciers and one of the mightiest waterfalls in the entire world. Numerous stops will take you on a walking tour through the National Park Hohe Tauern and give you the opportunity to learn about and understand the exceptional diversity on offer. The highlights are: the Eagle´s Flight Panorama, the 3D computer animation including the formation of the "Window on the Tauern", the Avalanche-Waterfall Dome and the World of Glaciers.
Grossglockner High Alpine Road - one of Austria´s top 3 destinations amidst the Alps. The Grossglockner High Alpine Road is like an ornament of ribbons located between green mountain pastures, colourful flower meadows, rocky rubble, ice and show. It nestles up against hills, follows the course of the natural ground and fits the mountains like a glove. Whooshing waterfalls, the shrill whistling of marmots and the howling wind in the summit regions create an unforgettable high alpine soundscape. And then, all of a sudden, he appears: his majesty, the Grossglockner, the black mountain.
Sozialsprengel - St. Johann
For the length of your stay, you can hire wheelchairs (no electric), chairs, walker-rollator, crutches, sticks and more by the social parish.
Contact: Sozialsprengel St. Johann in Tirol, Schwimmbadweg 3a, 6380 St. Johann in Tirol.
Office opening time: Monday until Friday from 08.00 am till 12.00 noon.